The Diocese of Saint Cloud, in it’s effort to encourage reflection on the Year of Mercy, is providing a monthly online "Work of Mercy" catechetical lesson. It’s purpose is to offer an online learning resource for small faith-sharing groups, parishes, schools, and families. It serves as one model of how catechesis can be done simply online simply.
It follows the Msgr. Francis Kelly’s familiar Ecclesial Method:
1. Preparation - Each lesson starts with a prayer and a general Works of Mercy video, with a reflection question(s)
2. Proclamation - Each lesson will repeat the Works of Mercy each month, each linking to it’s lesson as it is released
3. Explanation - This step addresses a specific Work of Mercy with links to other resources as well as text and embedded video
4. Application and appropriation - Reflection questions and suggested activities for families, groups, parishes and schools
5. Celebration - Closing prayer